This program is designed to identify and strengthen leadership skills in youth and to build their self-confidence as they learn to serve their schools and communities. It was founded on the premise that the youth of today will serve as the leaders of tomorrow. To ensure the future growth of Marion County, youth must be prepared to assume leadership positions.
Mission Statement and Program Goals
Our mission is to motivate and train potential young leaders, to enable them to take an active role in their community. This will result in strong leaders who have hope for the future and the tools to influence a positive and progressive community.
Our program goals have been chosen to reflect our mission as follows:
- To establish an emerging pool of competent leaders for Marion County
- To establish and maintain a long term relationship between the participant and committee members
- To develop and maintain an alumni association for graduated participants
- To involve participants in choosing, planning and implementing a leadership team project to improve Marion County
- To inform and challenge participants as to the needs and opportunities of Marion County
- To challenge young people to take an active role in their communities